New to the linkup? Go here for some more information on what it's all about!
I personally had a great week last week, so I'm excited to show you how I did. Green means I accomplished the goal, and red means I did not accomplish the goal.
1. Do not eat sweets. I did it! It was hard, especially at the start of the week. But by the end of the week, I didn't even want them. Overall, I'm feeling healthier, and I think that meeting this goal has a lot to do with that. I'm hoping to keep this up as an overall lifestyle change (with a cheat day here and there, of course!), because I feel like my body is running a lot better without a bunch of sugar junking up my system.
2. Take a multivitamin every day. Did it! I've been keeping my vitamins in my car, and have just made it a point to remember them. So far, that system is working!
3. Go to a spin class. Not just any spin class... I went to the best spin class I've been to since moving to North Carolina, so I've officially found my favorite instructor at the gym!
4. Go to yoga. I went to Friday night power yoga with a friend. We were a little late (my fault, even though I hate being late), but we figured it wouldn't be an issue since it would probably be pretty empty considering it was a Friday night and all. We were very wrong. It was packed. We almost left because we were embarrassed, but the instructor came out and told us to come in! I'm glad she did, because it was a really good class. Plus some other people came in even later than us, so that made us feel better, too.
5. Buy Mason jars. I bought them. I haven't done anything with them yet, but the point of 5 for Five is to make baby steps toward bigger goals, and I've taken the first one with this purchase!
See, told ya I had a great week! Five out of five, and it feels soooo good! I also hope that y'all were just as successful. I also hope that I can continue my streak through this week! Here are my new goals:
1. Take a multi-vitamin every day. I don't want this to be something that I check off my list and forget about, which is what happened a few months ago. They say something takes three weeks before it officially becomes a habit, so I'm already planning to include this one in next week's goals, too.
2. Make overnight oats. A la this pin. This is one of the things that I want to use my new Mason jars for! I have all the ingredients, and I think this will be a delicious and healthy breakfast to bring with me to school. Plus, it's another step in the direction of clean eating, which I'm excited about.
3. Comment on at least ten blog posts this week. I set up my Google reader a couple weeks ago, and it's been awesome. But I have been forgetting to comment since I'm not actually on the blog website, and as someone who loves to receive your comments, I should also be leaving them in return!
4. Post at least one holiday recap this week. I can't believe I've put it off this long. I have at least three partially drafted (my birthday, Christmas, and our NYC trip) and I need to get them finished before it's Christmas again this year! With the way time is flying, it seriously feels that way!
5. Workout at least three times this week. My husband comes home Friday (yay!), which means that I am going to have to juggle my time better so that I can hang out with him and get my exercise in. I also have a couple of after-school appointments this week, so i might get tricky. I already know I won't make it to yoga, but my plan is to do at least two workouts at home, plus a spin class on the weekend.
As a side note - have you all gone over to Taingamala to enter the giveaway for a free blog makeover? Jane is one of the first friends I made through blogging, and I am super excited for her to start her blog design business, Jane Whitney Designs. She is just getting started, and her designs are seriously awesome. I am hoping to win myself, but since I love my readers... Go enter here! Today is the last day!!