I heard about Influenster a couple of months ago, and it sounded right up my alley so I signed up immediately. As far as I understand, it is based on your social media activity, and you can qualify to receive a FREE VoxBox in the mail, which has samples of products for you to test and review. These are not limited to beauty products, and are pretty widely available to purchase near most people, so Influenster is not trying to get you to order full-size products from their website - instead, they are trying to get the word out about different brands and products. I was super excited when I got the email saying that I qualified for the box!!
I think I might be one of the last people to actually open their Holiday VoxBox, because mine was delivered pretty much right after I left to go spend the holidays with my in-laws. But on the flip side, I knew it was waiting for me and I was so excited to dig into it when I got home!!
Here is what it contained and what I thought about each product:
1. Goody QuikStyle Brush. Amazing. I was just thinking that I wanted to get a new brush. Had I not received it in my box, this is not the one I would have chosen because it looked so strange. But man, am I glad I received it, because I love it!! As a teacher, I have early mornings, so anything that can save me time while getting ready is wonderful. This brush really does cut down my drying time, and I am a huge fan. In addition to soaking up moisture, it is also a good brush for blowdrying with.
2. Kiss Nail Dress. I have been kind of intrigued by these nail polish stickers lately, but I received the 3-D jeweled style, which is definitely not me. I would probably take them off right after trying them, and that is a waste of a perfectly good product. So, if these are more you comment below and we'll chat - I'd be happy to put these in the mail for you if you'll wear them!
3. Quaker Real Medleys Oatmeal+. This is definitely something I will buy if I come across it at the grocery store. I usually get to school early and eat breakfast at my desk while I check e-mail and get ready for my students to arrive, so I am all about self-contained breakfast foods, and this oatmeal was perfect for a cold morning. I loved the summer berry flavor that I received, and the ingredients were very simple, which is good for me because I am trying to transition into a clean eating lifestyle.
4. NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine. I actually have a Chanel lip gloss that is very close to the shade that I received, so I loved the color. However, this one faded a lot faster - but for 1/10th of the price, I can afford to apply this one more often! It didn't feel sticky or dry out my lips. Not bad at all.
5. EBOOST. This is supposed to boost mood, focus, and immunity. Caffeine makes me really jittery, so this isn't something I would normally buy. But even if I would buy a product like this, I wouldn't buy this particular one because I did not like the taste. Mine was pink lemonade, and it was too sugary for my liking.
6. Sole Society Coupon. I got a coupon code that I can share with my friends! The code is INFLUENSTER25 if you want to get $25 off your first order here! I used mine to buy these little beauties, and I cannot wait for them to arrive!
*All opinions expressed are my own. I was not paid for this review, but I did receive free products in exchange for my honest reviews.