Don't forget - my online Thirty-One party (and giveaway) is going on now!! Shop and place your orders here before Saturday, the 26th, and enter to win another item $25 or less by this Wednesday here!
Welcome to 5 for Five with me and Jenn! Happy Monday and Happy MLK Day! I am enjoying an extra day off of work today, and I hope that you get to do the same. I'm hoping to use my free day to get a jump start on my weekly goals! Grab a button and linkup with us!
New to the linkup? Go here to find out more about it!!
Last week was the final week of the semester, it was my last week at my former school, and I also had my first day at my new school. So, I had a lot going on work-wise, but I still managed to be very productive! Here is how I did toward the goals I set for myself - green means I met it, red means I didn't.
1. Take all Christmas decorations down. It had to be done. I think I have gotten a lot better at packing, because I was able to fit the new decorations we got this year into the bins from last year, which were pretty full when I unpacked them a couple of months ago!
2. Workout at least four times. I did a second week of the 30-day Shred. They are only 20 minute workouts, so they are easy to fit in. On the down side, they are only 20 minute workouts. I want to finish out the program (I have two more weeks), but I'm already starting to think about what I want to do next.
3. Buy more hangers. Now all of my clothes are hung up! I even bought some neat hanger clips so that I can hang up my skirts without having to fold them over.
4. Make doctor's appointments. Doctor - check. Eye doctor - check. Dentist - check. I even made Avery an appointment for a checkup at the vet.
5. Sew clothes in pile. Two of my three pairs of work pants had the hem fall out of one leg, and last week, the hem fell out of the third one, too. They are from Target, so I guess I got what I paid for, but I like how they fit. I sewed the hems back in to the pants, mended a dress that had ripped up a seam, and reattached two buttons. I'm excited to wear these clothes again, since they have been waiting to get repaired for a while!
That's five out of five again, and it feels pretty great. I don't know if it's because my husband is gone for training so there are less distractions, or maybe I've just gotten a better handle on how to best use my free time, but I am happy with how this year has been going so far!
Hopefully I can hit the trifecta this week! Here are my goals:
1. Go back to the eye doctor. I made all of my appointments last week, as you saw above, and I was able to get a spot at the eye doctor last week for my annual exam. However, I have to go back, because I think she screwed
up my glasses prescription. I have
an astigmatism in my right eye, but she wrote it in the left. Kind of a
big mistake, don't you think? I will definitely be writing a Yelp review about that experience as a whole - and it was not a good one.
2. Write Yelp review. See above.
3. Go to the shooting range. Andrew took me before he left, and I actually enjoyed it. I want to get better at shooting, since Andrew will be getting back into a deployment rotation fairly soon. It's good to know how to protect myself, so I want to get more comfortable with handling a gun.
4. Workout at least five times. The 30-Day Shred continues...
5. Deep clean my house. Now that the Christmas decorations are gone, the mess is no longer hidden behind cute reindeer and gingerbread men. Hopefully I can get started on this today and work on it throughout the week so I don't get too overwhelmed.
I hope you all had great weeks last week, too! I can't wait to see how you did and what you've set out to do this week! Thanks so much to everyone who has participated in the linkup - Jenn and I really appreciate you!!